Marco Marzola Jazz Musician and Bandleader (Contrabass & Electric Bass) Based in London
Ongoing collaboration with Musicians of the International jazz scene across Europe at Jazz Festivals and Jazz Clubs.
His artistic training began at the conservatory of Ferrara (Italy). Captured by Jazz at an early age, he moved to New York in 1982 where he studied with Barry Harris and Buster Williams. He became interested in Ethnic Music, Blues and Pop. Alongside his work as sideman, he started several projects as a band leader featuring International acclaimed guests such as Ed Cherry, Steve Turre, Sherman Irby, Akua Dixon, Darrell Green, Dion Parson. As a testimony to these collaborations, there are now a number of Albums available on line. He shared the stage and recorded with the most representative Musicians of the INTERNATIONAL JAZZ SCENE around Europe and United States such as:
Betty Carter, Jimmy Lovelace, Tommy Tarantine, Jimmy Owens, Paul Jeffrey, Craig Handy, Harold Land, George Cables, Steve Turre, Tommy Campbell, John Hics, Tony Scott, Bruce Forman, Jimmy Cobb, Dion Parson, John Clark, Sherman Irby, Chuck McPherson, James Zollar, Darrell Green, Jesse Davis, Akua Dixon, James Hurt, Ed Cherry, Stacy Dillard, Bruce Williams, Jerome Jennings, Art Hirahara, Camille Thurman, Giulio Capiozzo, Flavio Boltro, Stefano Bollani, Fabrizio Bosso and many other.
He participated on many occasions in broadcasting radio television.
Tournée: Europe, USA, Japan.
Guest player for International Jazz Day at The London Shaw Theatre on 2016.
Album as Leader:
– Marco Marzola featuring Ed Cherry “Create”
– Marco Marzola special guest Steve Turre “Important Life”
– Marco Marzola Trio “Sushi Bar”
– Marco Marzola featuring Sherman Irby (Vol.1)
– Marco Marzola featuring Sherman Irby (Vol.2)
– Marco Marzola featuring Steve Turre, Sherman Irby, Akua Dixon “A Jazz Christmas Celebration”
– Marco Marzola & Friends “Bon Voyage”
– Marco Marzola featuring Sherman Irby “Alchemy”
Album as Sideman: